Friday, April 05, 2019

Back to the Gym

With the demise of G+, some of my blog functions have stopped.  I suppose this is a reminder that I should figure out an archive of the blog should Google and Blogger decide to fold or transform into some other kind of service.

On the gym front, my PT-person says that I'm mostly better, and that I can go back to doing some of my more twisty excersises.  I'm still doing rows on an inclined bench, which is awkward, and means I'm on one of the gym's two inclined benches for a long period.   I'll have to see if I can do some standing rows soon.  I'm mostly back to my regular routine, and now I have to actually go to the gym three times a week and ease in to my normal weights.

My dreams have seemed extra vivid lately.  On April First (Monday) I had a twist on the College Anxiety Dream:  it was the first day of classes and all of the students were coming into class and I realized that I hadn't prepared a syllabus.  (While I work for the UO English Department, I do not teach.)

In another dream, I was sleeping on the couch (currently in the kitchen nook), and I looked up, and sitting on the end table was a creature best described as a knee-high, black-furred, melon-headed, cat-monkey.  With red eyes.  As I stared at it, it disappeared. 

The closest picture I have of it is this bird... the eyes are right, and the color and shape of the head are, too.

Perhaps I should take the Hieronymus Bosch Bot out of my Twitter feed...




No comments: