Tuesday, April 23, 2019

April Flowers

Managed to go to the gym Monday.  I did the regular routine, but I felt fatigued for most of it.  I blame Sunday's sugar-fest.  Oddly, when I stepped on the scale at the end of my workout, I'd gotten down to a weight of 171 (down from 174 on Friday).  I think this time around I'll take the scale's lies. 

I thought maybe I might have more bird dreams after Sunday's crow visitation, but I don't remember any dreams at all -- there's one hovering just beyond the curtain of recall, but it's not coming forward into the spotlight.
 

Spring is, I think, a little late this year.  April has been cooler than I remember, and the blooms are only just now beginning to appear.  Or at least it seems that way.  I will have to go back to previous year's posts and see what the azalea was doing and when. 






At least various bulbs are flowering.  Mark got some tulips and planted them in a planter box so they would actually flower instead of looking like some blighted Frankenstein experiment, which is what usually happens when he plants them straight into the ground.

Our neighbor has some lovely yellow tulips that like her yard's soil, as she had to divide and spread them out last fall to prevent them from over crowding. 

No comments: