Monday, May 13, 2019

Last Irises of Spring

The irises for Spring 2019 are through.  Unless there's one more hiding somewhere.  It's too bad that my allergies were so bad this year that I really didn't get a chance to enjoy the irises like I normally do.   Usually, I make an almost ritual of sitting down, bringing the irises slowly to my face, and inhaling their heavy perfume.   This year, I was too busy sneezing (and napping).    Oh well, I'm hoping next year we'll have more blooms and kinder allergy season.

On our latest hike to the Delta Ponds area, we saw a bunch of baby ducks and geese.  I think the most interesting ducks were the ones that looked like they were wearing Egyptian mascara. 

We keep hoping that we'll see the otter we saw the other month, but so far we've seen mostly nutria, and maybe maybe a beaver. 

It occurs to me that while we tend to see lots of ducklings, no baby cranes have been spotted yet.  I guess they hang out in the nest in trees.

No comments: