Thursday, May 16, 2019

Rejections

In writing news, I got a rejection from the anthology I was hoping to get into.  The editor was very gracious, as I had resubmitted a piece she liked from a few years ago, and said that she'd consider it again -- but, alas, the stories that she'd put a call out for were long and there wasn't room in the anthology for mine.  So, now I have to continue to shop this story around.
I also got a thirteen-hour rejection for a short story; that's gone off to another market.  I'm always hopeful the first market will buy my pieces, but they're extremely competitive.  I've got my fingers crossed for the second market, which has proven a difficult nut for me to crack, so I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Last Sunday, Mark and Smokey were being picturesque, so I snapped some photos of them.  I didn't realize until later how Abrahamic Mark's beard makes him look; I usually don't notice his beard that much, but with the blanket he had drraped over his head, he looks like someone out of an Old Testament story, something like "Mark Among The Cats." or "Mark in the Cat's Den."  

Did not go to the gym Monday, but did go Wednesday.  I'm pleased with how the gym is working out, and I think I've hit a plateau or something -- very likely I need to increase my weights or more closely examine my diet.  

Did not write Tuesday, but did write (some) Wednesday.  Mostly, I looked at old work.... I have a fairy tale set on Venus  I've been tinkering with that I should see about fixing and finishing.  If I'm very good, I could have it ready by then end of next week (looks at calendar).  For fun, I polished up the sex farce, which made me laugh as I was writing it.... so at least it's funny. 


Thursday morning, I dreamed my hair was suddenly long and Fabio-like.  








No comments: