Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Rain and Uncle Ron

More typical Oregon weather has returned:  today it might get up to 70F and currently it's raining.  Tuesday, I was in Corvallis, and before the sun was up I went out onto my folks eastern facing deck.  Rain had begun, and I stood with my hands outstretched to receive the touch of the rain as it fell on my palms.  Raucous bird calls echoed between the trees, and I was reminded how praising the rain in a rural area is different from praising the rain as I walk from a parking lot to work, or even in my own backyard.

Tuesday we drove up to Astoria and laid my Uncle Ron into the ground.  He was a good, generous man with a hearty laugh who lived fully.  Tuesday was just family, and there will be a more public memorial later on in the summer. 

I thought I might dream about him or Astoria Tuesday night, but all I can recall is something about our black cat, Cicero.

No comments: