Thursday, May 30, 2019

Crabs!

 My niece keeps hermit crabs.  I forget if this one is Mr. Pincher or Bubbles.  While I don't mind them that much, they're grouped in my mind with scorpions.

Okay, they're cute in their shells, and I think it's pretty interesting how they can curl up inside a shell they've borrowed.

Apparently, one of the crabs molted the other month, which encouraged the other one to pick on it.  My niece found the newly molted crab holding its too-small shell like a shield between it and the other crab.

On the gym front:  The gym re-opened after a redecoration.  Managed to do the usual routine; naturally, my hands and shoulders are a little sore today.

On the writing front:  I ran a manuscript by the group and got the critique that it was great world-building, but had ponderous, confusing prose (I also got "same tone but less dense as a Gene Wolfe story," so that's good).  Oh well.  I'm going to sit down with a print out and look at it.

No comments: