Monday, May 06, 2019

Snakes and Weirdness

The last few days have been weird.  The car had been slowly failing to start, and completely died Friday afternoon (a few days ahead of a scheduled maintenance).  Early Saturday morning there was a fatal shooting near the parking lot where I work.  The pollen is making Mark sleep a lot.  Sunday, as we were leaving the showing of "Avengers: Endgame," we drove by a two political rallies gearing up for a demonstration and counter- demonstration (luckily, we got out before they closed down Harlow Road).

Cicero has caught two snakes in the last two days.  I was going to say that it was the first caught snake of Spring, then I remembered the snake the crows ate on Easter Sunday morning.  So far he hasn't eaten them, but he brings them to the backyard to play with and I find them coiled up into a knot or trying to bury themselves in the grass.  I've been relocating them to the azalea on the theory that they can get under the bush where Cicero can't, they won't be easy for the crows to get, and the neighbors won't think I'm making a statement by bringing snakes to their yards.


No comments: