Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Wildlife on a Sunday Evening

 Sunday evening, Mark and I went to Delta Ponds.  Mark really wanted to see some beavers.  We got there about 5:40 or so, a few minutes before sunset.  I was very glad I had listened to Mark when he said to wear the wool cloak over my already existing two layers.

In the distance, herons roosted in the trees; it's their nest-building season.  I did wish we had come in the morning, because the sunlight would have been shining on the birds instead of sinking behind them, and the light for photography would have improved during our visit.  

The ducks and the geese flew in to search for overnight spots along the shore.  We saw a lot of nutria.  There were many, many gnawed stumps of  trees where the beavers had been busy, but we only saw the new dam they've constructed.  

By 6:30 most of the daylight was gone, and we made our way home.

The sky was clear-ish, and I took photographs of the Moon, Taurus, and the Pleiades.  When the Moon is half-full, it's difficult to photograph it with stars because the Moon washes everything out.


Went to the Gym Monday for the aerobic routine.  I managed to do all of the sets, including the burpees at the end -- so, yay me!  This means that I'm a little sore all over today (I'm also going to blame hefting concrete pavers around Sunday).





No comments: