Thursday, March 19, 2020

Isolating Raptors, Corvids, and Ducks

The Cascades Raptor Center will be closing as a coronavirus safety measure.  This is a good thing--my sense was that it was the last place families could visit, which made social distancing difficult--but it also means not being able to go and photograph or sketch the residents, which is relaxing.

I guess I'll have to get my photographing birds fix by photographing herons Delta Ponds, or photographing the neighborhood corvids.

Slightly related, the University of Oregon announced that their Spring Term Courses are all going to be full remote.  This is going to make things quiet on campus... and I imagine it will feel like Summer Term, only cooler and wetter... this is, of course, assuming that the campus will be open (currently, only students, faculty and staff are supposed to be there) and Eugene or Lane County isn't on some sort of lock-down (entirely possible if we're following Italy's trajectory).

I'm not sure how much work from home I'll end up doing--I currently share my office with various bits of technology, so it's less likely that co-workers would breathe on me.  I will certainly be using more remote support tools.

No comments: