Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Moon and Mars

My alarm interrupted a dream where I was attempting to photograph the Moon and Mars and the timetables were wrong and then a big black cloud came up....

I stumbled around the house, and managed to get up and see the Moon slide away from Mars (although I didn't manage to get any before and after shots).  

The first few photographs were blurry for some reason, I'm not sure if the tripod was slipping, or if the cold was affecting the camera, or if I hadn't used the remote.   Some later photographs came out okay.  The difficulty photographing the Moon is that if it is too low, it's difficult to get a clear and focused image.  It probably doesn't help that I'm near-sighted. 

The next few mornings may be interesting to photograph:  the Moon will be sliding close to Jupiter and Saturn over the next few days.  Jupiter will be the easiest, although the dawn glare could be interesting.  Typically, a fog comes up just before dawn, so that could add an additional challenge. 



No comments: