Thursday, February 20, 2020

Gym and Involuntary Equipment Interlock-Out

Gym Report:  Made it to gym Wednesday and managed to do the Push-Pull Workout -- since I went about a half-hour later than I normally do, I had to get creative near the end just to get onto a machine.  I'm sure there must be a word or phrase for mixing up one's routine to accommodate other gym-folk and then getting stuck on the floor waiting for the machine for your last routine to become free for use.

I ended up having to improvise standing overhead triceps cable pulls and seated (or in this case, kneeling) overhead biceps cable pulls on some other equipment and skip the lat cable pull-downs completely.

When this sort of thing happens driving somewhere, I call it 'cascading traffic fail," ...although cascading traffic fail is more like, you leave 30 seconds late, so you hit a traffic light when it's red, and then a school bus turns off of the side road and lets children off in front of you, so then you get caught in the congestion ten blocks down, and therefore you get into the parking lot two seconds after an undeserving SUV takes up the last two open parking stalls.

I think the gym thing should be called involuntary equipment interlock-out.



No comments: