Monday, August 05, 2019

Writing Day

I woke up with a sinus headache under my left eye.  I was fairly congested, and I’m not sure from what.  I also had a tension headache in my neck, which I’m attributing to riding in Melissa’s car with too low headrests, looking at mobile devices, and possibly hanging a camera around my neck for a while.

I took a walk around the block to try to clear things up.  Mary’s house is near the border between New York and New Jersey, and it’s possible I walked into another state.

After a yoga session, Mark did some more early-morning weeding.  I did some lopping and got the last few branches hanging over the house.

I spent some time writing a short story about Aliens; the story is congealing slowly.  And skimming through old manuscripts to see how much editing they needed (a lot).  During times like this, I can hear Jay Lake saying, “Finish what you begin.”  I have too many manuscripts on my hard drive that I’ve started, then lost interest in, and allowed to languish.

No comments: