Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Suffern Interlude

I was thinking that I’d go to the MET today, but I was so tired from walking seven and a half miles all over NYC, that I revised my plan as I was sinking into slumber.

I got out of bed kind of late.

The Child had been whisked away by other relatives to Atlantic City, so Mark and I were temporarily childless.  

We did some final yard maintenance tasks.  Mine involved taking a square shovel and edging a flowerbed that was going to be repurposed as a seating area.  Mark is more clever than I am; he is able to rise early in the cool of the morning and is able to be done with most of his tasks by 10:30.  By 11:30 the heat and the humidity make working outside tiresome.   The heat is not so bad, but the humidity is.


I reviewed various pictures from The Morgan and deleted the ones that were obviously blurry, or were less-desirable duplicates.  I’m wondering how pictures taken with my phone will compare to the ones taken with my camera.  I think my phone’s shots are clearer, but have less resolution than the ones taken with my camera.  The camera’s zoom lens allows for better distance shots, but the phone seems to be able to perform better in low lighting situations.

Chatted with Grandma Mary about PERS and religion.  I hadn’t realized that she was in a PERS system; I thought it was an Oregon thing.   On the religion subject, we agreed that when twenty-somethings find what resonates with them spiritually, their zeal can be a bit much sometimes.  
Then I did some blogging.  I must have been more tired than I realized, because in review of what I wrote, I left out a lot of pronouns.

No comments: