Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Back to the Gym

Gym Report:  Returned to the gym for the first time since July last Wednesday (8/14) and did an intro workout with lower weights; went again last night (8/19) for a more regular workout.  I skipped Friday because it was Mark's Birthday and I spent most of the day buying and prepping food for a hike to Sahalie Falls and Koosah Falls.  And buying a cake.  And Mark's birthday lemon tree.  And cleaning the house.  And Laundry.

Saturday was the waterfall hike; it was a lot of fun... and Sunday I felt like I was recovering from a Leg Day after climbing down the McKenzie River canyon and then climbing back up it again.  Sunday morning, we had guests, and I served post-birthday quiche.

On the writing front... I need to make a little Henry Winkler shrine with the words "Tenacity" and "Gratitude." We'd been listening to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" on NPR and Mr. Winkler said that the two things that helped him get where he is are tenacity to keep working on the things he wants and gratitude to keep him thankful instead of angry.   And then I need to get my butt in a chair and my fingers on a keyboard.

No comments: