Thursday, April 07, 2022

April Moon Near Taurus

The skies are clouding up again after a few days of relative clear.  Earlier this afternoon, I saw a half moon, but now the evening overcast has hidden it from view.  Possibly when the night becomes darker I'll be able to guess where the moon is by the glow of the clouds.  

The other night I managed to photograph the crescent moon as it sailed between the Pleiades and Aldebaran.   I looked at some similar photos from last year; I think those photos are a little better because I used a higher ISO, I was therefore able to take shorter exposures which resulted in less star streaking.  

I am hoping that in a month's time the skies will be clear enough to catch a slender crescent near Taurus.  The timing will be tricky because the whole spectacle will be closer to the setting sun, so while the Moon should be visible, it might not be so easy to see the Pleiades.  

COVID-19 restrictions are easing up.  It's taking some getting used to.  I'm so used to wearing a mask when I go into work that not wearing one, and being in an inside open space with people who also aren't wearing makes feels weird.  I will have to keep a more consistent eye on the local COVID case count to see if a spike starts up.  





No comments: