Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Dream: The Professor's Telegraph

I'm not sure if it was the Easter candy or something else, but I had a series of odd dream images the following Monday morning.  

The setting was a mix between a college campus and an outdoor shopping mall.  I was skating around (although I wasn't wearing skates), on a long, rectangular, frozen pool.  As the dream progressed, the pool became less icy and more a long, narrow paved walkway with a lightly ornamental edge (which had been the curb of the pool).  

A professor and about three assistants were at one end of the pool, levering molten metal in a crucible on a very long pole to a kind of dark metal platform on the far end.  The platform was surrounded by a network or scaffolding of poles.  This turned out to be a kind of giant, oscillating, telegraph machine (?the glowing crucible was on a swinging arm, striking the cold, dark platform/anvil ?), but it was never fully constructed during the duration of the dream.

Through a dream-transition, the pool was covered by a white tent, and a crowd of people stood inside, along the edge of the pool.  There was much more, but my recall isn't so good about it and this part seemed the most intersting—usually when I dream pools, they are more like hot tubs and there's a low level of sexual tension in the dream; this is the first time that I can recall the pool being frozen over (to the extent that it became a wide sidewalk).  

The telegraph machine is new; I'm not sure if it's a version of the Vision the Cosmic Machine or if it is a signaling device the Professor Figure is attempting to use to tell my normal waking conscious something.  

No comments: