Friday, June 14, 2019

Listless Thursday

I heard through the grapevine that this year Eugene ranks as the highest pollen count in the nation.  Mark is really wiped out this year.  The pollen is making me tired, I think.  Which in turn is making me tired.  Which in turn is making me grumpy and listless.   I wish I felt creative and energized instead of like The Void is gaping right next to me, which is tiresome.

Ah well, time do mash together songs like "I Need You," and ... well, nope -- just a straight up rendition will do.

At least we have foxgloves, poppies, catnip, nicotina, and other flowers blooming in our yard.

The last week has felt like a strange, in-between week.  In part this is because it's the last week of classes, so everything has that penultimate, winding-down feel to it.  We've also had record-breaking heat Tuesday and Wednesday.  

Went to the gym Saturday last.  Between his birthday celebrations and special school events, The Child's schedule is wonky, so I ended up not having the time (or inclination) to go to the gym Monday.  Went to the gym (late) on Wednesday to beat the heat.  Probably skipping Monday was a good thing, because the pulled muscles from last week didn't feel so evident.  


No comments: