Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Summer Ides

Happy Summer Ides!  This is the time when I try to think about goals for the year in a kind of "I am the arrow that is not aimed" kind of way. 

That's the aspiration, anyway. 

The only problem with being the arrow that is not aimed is that your life can be aimless.  I suppose I need a different metaphor, like "be the target."  There; my daily affirmation can be, "I am the manuscript."  

This is also the time of year when I can write outside in the Secret Writing Grotto, otherwise known as the fort, which is doing double-duty as a grape arbor.  Mark didn't cut the grapes back quite so much this year, so they got a head start and have aggressively covered the fort we built for The Child with vines and leaves.  If the local night critters don't discover them, we might even have grapes in a week or two.

No comments: