Tuesday, March 01, 2022

More Jung

Continuing to read Jung.  He's just entered the desert of his soul and is having a vision with a red stone.  It reminds me of the ancient Egyptian concept of Re sailing the barque of the sun through the dual Netherworld of Duat / body of the goddess Nut (Night).   Jung even has drawn a dung beetle to go with this portion of the text.  Slogging through the ponderous, religious-sounding fluff, makes me sleepy -- but every so often an epigram will put in an appearance.  This round's is "Scorn cannot challenge you if you are not vain to the marrow of your bones."   

I'm not reading Jung regularly enough for it to effect my dreams much; or at lest I'm not recalling anything other than a notion that some dreams feel more fairytale.  The book's size discourages casual pre-bedtime reading.  I have tried some visualizations while dozing for ten minutes, which has produced some interesting imagery.  I can hear Dion Fortune saying, "...or to put it another way, I put myself into a trance and began to dream about her."   Unfortunately, the recall on my dozing dreams is incomplete.  If I were to get serious about examining my inner iconic/symbolic mindscape, I would nap with a pen and paper nearby.

No comments: