Monday, March 21, 2022

School Bus Vampire

As a result of reading Jung, I'm continuing to have very Jungian dreams.  In the latest most compelling dream image, a young teen boy was searching for a old toy.  We were in a kind of restaurant / BnB / forge, which was getting trashed in the search.  In the background were urn-shaped, stone Matryoshka dolls with very rounded bodies and small heads--they had been smashed open, but they were empty shells. 

The child used a power jigsaw to cut a realistic, yellow and black, toy school bus, about the size of a toaster-oven (or, I suppose the size of Barbie's 1970's camper), open.  Between the rows of bus seats, there was a Dracula-style vampire doll.  The child was slightly upset, because in cutting the bus open, a chunk of the vampire's cape had been cut off.  I'm not sure this is what the child was looking for.

This image was sandwiched between the usual, "odd driving someplace" and "airport anxiety dreams;" I've just remembered that a passenger gave birth in the airport anxiety dream (which is new)... so my dreaming self was particularly focused on images of birth and re-birth.   

The school bus is "a vehicle of instruction"?  The stone Matryoshka dolls are ossified personas?  

The Dracula doll (more Dracula than Count Von Count, and more Bela Lugosi than Gary Oldman) reminds me of a vampire story in an 1997's Gay Fairy Tales book:  but all I remember of the story was that the vampire "does unspeakable things to bodies," and something about thread through a small hole in a stain glass window.  And for a while, it seemed like Gay Vampires were a thing... so I'm guessing this is a metaphor for old notions about gay identity.  

Or maybe it's my undead self.  

No comments: