Friday, March 04, 2022

Atypical Friday

Happy Day After the New Moon.  This morning is atypical in that I rose earlier than I normally do, Mark had to leave earlier, and between various pet chores, I've got some quick time to blog.

I've been remembering more of my dreams lately.  Mostly they've been a mishmash of houses that are simultaneously our house and not our house, driving, and urination anxiety.  It occurs to me that there have been more people interacting with me in my dreams.  I woke up the other day from a dream where Mark and I had been arguing -- the dream ended with me singing from Avenue Q, "The More You Love Someone (The More You Want to Kill Them)" -- and was going interpret it at face value when I thought to wonder if dream-Mark symbolized a (wiser, more mature) aspect of myself.  

The stupid invasion of Ukraine is upsetting.  I find myself doomscrolling and wishing for superpowers that could stop the fighting.  It's illustrating the anthropology maxim that conflict crystalizes lines of division within groups.  I hope that folks here can clearly see the structures connecting the invasion to business,  policies, and politics in the United States (and abroad).  


No comments: