Thursday, September 26, 2019

Moon and Regulus

 Gym Report:  Skipped the gym last Monday, but went Wednesday night (9-26).  Did the usual routine, although with all the walking back and forth to The Child's school, I figured I could skimp a bit on the elliptical. 

This morning (Thursday) the Moon was close to Regulus (the "Little King" in the constellation of Leo. 

I arose a little earlier than usual and stumbled out.  Orion was high and clear in the sky, but the moon and Regulus were behind some foggy haze.  I stumbled back inside and returned with my camera to the back deck.  Without the remote.  And took some pictures.  This resulted in jiggly photos of the moon and double-exposed images of Regulus.

Luckily, I had woken up early enough to go back outside, plant the tripod on the (non-wiggly) deck and dig up the remote (so the camera wouldn't be vibrating from my pressing the stutter button).

The sky had lightened and the Moon had risen above the bands of clouds, which were turning pink from Rosy Fingered Dawn.


No comments: