Monday, September 09, 2019

Cat Grooming

Friday I had to attend to some family business, which meant that I went to the gym on Saturday and did the regular routine (OK, I didn't do the Roman Chair curls because I was feeling a little tired). 

The weather has turned autumnal -- we had lots of lightning (unusual) on Thursday night, which unfortunately sparked a few fires up and down the valley.  Luckily we had rain Saturday and Sunday, which helped to dampen the flames.  The temperatures arent' supposed to get much higher than the mid-seventies today, which is pleasant. 

As we were leaving for a day trip, Smokey became concerned that we were Leaving Forever.  He paced back and forth in front of the car making squeaky meows and looking at Mark.  So... Mark lied down on the street and Smokey groomed him.  Three minutes later, a much more happy Smokey let us drive to Corvallis, where we celebrated my mother's birthday.

On the writing front, I managed to slip some editing in during the family business.  I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for good news from a market that's short-listed one of my stories; we'll see if it beats the competition and is published.




No comments: