Sunday, June 14, 2020

Interstitial Days

Another day with COVID-19 and the BLM protests.  We're still social distancing.  Yesterday, protesters on the U of O campus toppled two statues known as the Pioneer Father and the Pioneer Mother.

I am unsure when I will be asked to appear at in my office, and continue to work remotely.  Which feels kind of weird.  The other week there were some things requiring my actual presence on campus, and I had to jump through some administrative hoops to be allowed back.  The building I work in had an empty feeling to it -- it was stuffy because no doors or windows had been opened, and the steam heat was still on.    Normally, commencement events would be happening; two weeks ago, I wound up splicing together pre-recorded Zoom sessions into one mp4 file to be played off of the UO website.

Although we are having a cooler and wetter "Junuary," we seem to be in high pollen season--the household is tired and suffering from hay-fever.   I'm not sure how the plants make so much pollen between the grey and the rain, but the result is that I really just want to sleep all the time--even through the rare thunder and lightning.

Sunday is no-tech evening; I'm going to post this and then switch to books and longhand writing for the night.

No comments: