Friday, October 18, 2019

Mid October


On the gym front, I skipped the gym on Monday, but I resumed Wednesday with a slightly reduced routine (no cable twists, Roman Chair curls, and a reduced number of lat pull-downs) in the interests of only spending an hour in the gym instead of 75 minutes.

While I was there, I ran into a Wordo I haven't seen in over a year. Seen out of context (although, now that I think on it, the last time I saw him probably was in the gym), I struggled to recognize him; he now has a very full beard and he was clean-shaven last I saw him. He's also bulked out in his upper-arms (John wonders if he should start lifting heavier weights and if his arms would respond in a similar fashion).

The season has officially changed: Mark and I took apart the pavilion and folded it up for storage until next Spring. The structure seems to have held up fairly well; there was only a little bit of rusting in one strut which leaked bright orange ichor onto the deck. The fabric had some interesting sun-faded patterns along the Velcro ties keeping it rolled up against the corner posts, but otherwise seems robust enough for a season or two.

Mark insured that all the struts remained labeled so we can follow the instructions for assembly. While the whole things weighs a lot, in little parts it's much more manageable.

Now the deck is open, and the table is protected by only a single umbrella. It's nice to be able to see the sky from the breakfast nook again, and the extra light will be welcome during the winter-tide months -- especially on those clear days when the December sun managed to get about half-way into the house. But I think I'll miss being able to get out into the shaded deck to write.

No comments: