Saturday, February 02, 2019

Ides of Winter

Happy Ides of Winter.

This is the time of year when Mark insists that the angels that have lived on the mantle since the Winter Solstice must go.  As a way to sweeten the deal, he suggested that we replace them with Lava Lamps. 

I thought that only one of the lamps worked, and that a trip to the hardware store to get a special bulb might be in order.  But when I checked, both lamps worked. 

"It's a Groundhog Day Miracle!" Mark said. 

We've had the angels for at least fifteen years.  Mark and I were at a big box store and I saw these and gasped, because they are so horribly over the top.  And I have an affinity for sculptures of angels playing horns, or singing, or holding lamps or lecterns.   Okay, and I would love a house filled with angels (and gargoyles) holding lights everywhere.   (Also, can you imagine a row of these holding up a coffee table?)

Actually, a house of Lava Lamps would be cool, too (especially in Winter). 

Mark made us wait until the day after Christmas, and the big box store had a Holiday Reduction Sale -- which meant we could get two for the price of one!  (I would have gotten four, but....)



No comments: