Sunday, September 22, 2019

Pre-Equinox Work

Went to the gym Saturday night.  Did the usual routine.

Saturday was another house maintenance day, only this time we got up a little earlier and scraped off more paint from the side of the house over the garage.  Ah, the joys of home-ownership.

On the writing front; over the last few days I got three manuscript rejections.  I went to Duotrope to look at statistics and the stories I've sold over the years (not enough!) either sell on the first or second round, or else they get shopped out to about ten or so markets before landing a sale.

The goal over the next month is to keep the mail count up.  And to finish something new.  I've been spending the last few weeks polishing stories that have been sitting in the metaphorical drawer; this is all very good, and it's amazing how time can focus me on a story's mechanics, but I should also be creating.   That said, at least I feel like I'm working on things.


No comments: