Tuesday, March 05, 2024

Writing Progress

A man with long grey hair looks perplexedly at a paperback in his hand. Stacks of books in the foreground.
Mark has taken a look at my latest manuscript and he agrees with the folks who gave me feedback: it's boring because the stakes aren't high and there's a lot of dialog.  

Sigh.  This is what happens when I focus on cool ideas and world-building.  Back to the drawing board.  I suppose that it counts as writing practice.   

Slightly related, I rearranged the paperbacks in my library. I did find a few duplicates and also some hardbacks that I very likely will never read again.  Dislodged from the paperbacks were the old blank notebooks I've been filling since 1995.  There's fewer than one would think, as it usually takes me about three years to fill one completely.  They're interesting as a record of story ideas or of questions I was working through, but I think I would have to index them or at least put their dates on their spines for them to be useful. 



No comments: