Thursday, August 24, 2023

Dream: Flying Above The City

The latest dream was set in a city which might have been New York. The dream had been going on for some time, my recall starts on a sidewalk between very tall buildings. I recall that other people were walking along the sidewalk, but I don't recall any interactions with them. I think it was kind of dark, and possibly cloudy or rainy.

I think I flew by a power cable or possibly some light poles. At any rate, I found myself flying over a sidewalked area that was a kind of pedestrian mall in the sky. The mall in the sky was much brighter than the sidewalks stories below. I zoomed over the area in a kind of looping path that went up and around some of the other folks walking along the rooftop buildings and shops.

I was wearing my purple and black cloak, and I used it to fly up alongside of one of the buildings; I must have gone up something like twenty stories. At some point in the dream, I'm not sure when, I noticed the hem of my cloak was very tattered (it's fraying in real life). I'm not sure how, but the flat roofs of the building and its neighbor somehow joined together. Maybe I flew through a slot, or maybe the buildings were at an angle that allowed the roof decks to join.

There's a break in the narrative, and it turned out I was in LGL's apartment. I had come to visit him for his birthday. (In waking life, LGL had just mailed me a bracelet I accidentally left at his home, and his birthday is in a few days.) In the dream his apartment was two stories, with dark shag carpets and wood panelling and stairs and possibly conversation pits. I was early to the party, but some other folks appeared. I don't recall a whole lot, but at one point LGL and I were speaking and he went to his balcony, opened the sliding patio door (in waking life he has no patio, but apartments across the way do), and we stepped out. With great alarm, I noticed the balcony was under renovation and there was no railing (shortly after waking, or possibly just before I woke up, I realized I was still wearing my cloak and could presumably still fly, so the railing's absence shouldn't have been a big deal).

No comments: