Friday, March 24, 2023

Dream: Naked Wounds

Tuesday night. We join the dream in progress...

I was at Arcosanti.  Usually, Arcosanti dreams involve odd road-trips or airport anxiety, but not this time.  No; this time I was changing into clothing and was worried that I was going to be walked in on in a state of undress.  I'm not recalling much about the room that I was in other than it was rectangular and had white stucco walls—I couldn't even tell you what part of Arcosanti I was in, only that I was there.  Somehow, I managed to get pants on before anyone could enter the room.

A guy, I can't recall if it was C.A. or D.R. came in.  "Whoa!" He pointed to my chest.  "That's some cut you've got there."  

I looked down.  Earlier in the dream (or at least in the dream's story line), I had cut my myself just below my left pectoral muscle with a very long kitchen (Chef's) knife.  I had a finger-length slice oozing blood.  "Uh, yeah," I said, looking at the red opening.  "I probably should have gotten it stitched shut."  The more I looked, the wider and deeper the cut became, until I was looking underneath a hunk of my crimson flesh.  It didn't hurt, but there was a sense that I had this big gaping wound that needed more than just a bandaid. 

And then the dream went on to other things.

I woke up with Sting's 1988 song, "Lazarus Heart" in my head (which I haven't heard in ages, and on those instances when I do recall it, I normally just recall the phrase, "lifts her eyes to the sky / like a flower to the rain").   I'm not quite sure what prompted this dream, although I have been reading books on the tarot and Kabbalah before going to sleep, so maybe I picked up wounded heart symbolism from Dion Fortune.

No comments: