Sunday, March 05, 2023

Astronomy and Dreaming

Jupiter (with moons), left, and Venus, right.
On the astronomy front, Venus and Jupiter were conjunct last Wednesday, and the sky was clear enough that I was able to photograph them while they were fairly close to each other.  It seems like the sky clouds over on nights when there is going to be a conjunction, so I was pleased that the fall-back photos I'd taken a few days earlier were not needed.  I was able to capture a few views of Jupiter's moons, which was an extra bonus.

On the dream front, I'm coming to the conclusion that the amount of dreaming with interesting imagery that I can recall is positively correlated with how much fantasy and science fiction I read.  I suppose that building the (sometimes fantastical) visual images in my head keeps working as I sleep and comes out as cool dreams (as opposed to anxiety dreams).  If I really wanted to document the process, I'd keep a reading log and a dreaming log to see if there's a particular author or genre that is dream inducing.

On the writing front, there's (very) slow progress.  I suppose I should be grateful for any writing I manage to get myself to do.

Shadowy image of John with Saturn and Venus conjunct in the evening sky.

 

No comments: