Thursday, June 16, 2022

Backyard Wildlife

I continue to work a hybrid schedule, which gives me the luxury of working outside at a table on our backyard deck -- at least when it's not raining.  Hummingbirds and dragonflies visit, which is always a nice diversion.  I usually see the same two hummingbirds, and I think they have a nest in our back hedge.  Usually the dragonflies that visit are red flaming skimmers or blue meadowhawks.  Since the cats consider the yard to be the dog's territory, they don't visit and the local fauna is spared from their ravaging.  I guess that means we'll see garter snakes in a few weeks.

I read a short meme about Star Wars shortly before going to bed, and so I dreamed I was Luke Skywalker (or at least his role), either on Endor or else on the DeathStar.  There was something about child Leia living in a cartoony witch's gingerbread house while I attempted to get Ben Kenobi to take a more active role in fighting the Empire.  (No, I haven't watched any of the streaming StarWars shows.)  At one point I was jumping from the top of floating 'droid to another along a long, tall hallway so I wouldn't run into personnel -- I wondered at the time why this was effective and why no one was sounding alarms as I flew past many security cameras set high in the walls.


No comments: