Monday, September 06, 2021

A Gathering Pause

Mark wanted to go on a short hike through some woods near his old high school.  I wanted to write, so we went to Java Love,  and I stayed behind there while he went galavanting off.  

I was glad that I had my earbuds, because, true to my coffee shop experience, they played some really irritating music.  

This was a laid-back, rest day, and our last full day in Suffern.  The sort of day where you are mentally packing and making sure to gather all the stray objects and mementos.  

In the afternoon, V flew back to Florida.  Mark and The Child drove her to the airport.  There was an adventure involving Castle Burgers, and a long wait for what I gather was greasy and cold food.  

When Mark and The Child got back, we spent time playing Apples to Apples and listening to Grandma Mary tell more stories. 


No comments: