Saturday, July 17, 2021

Group Dancing Dreams

Dreamed I was on top of a mesa.  I think I was in a rectangular, fenced area.  On the other side of the fence, there was a group of people dressed in white:  white pants, billowy white tank-tops.  They ran along the side of the fence, leaping over logs and rocks.  It occurred to me that they were dancers, and that they were dancing a herd of cows running along the fence.  

There's a break in my recall.

I was with a large group of people.  I'm thinking that possibly a wedding happened earlier in the dream, and the group was gathering in a large stoney cave (? underneath the mesa ?).   I think we were gathering to get on a bus or train.  In any case, the cave floor was a rough square, and I have an impression of benches or rows of seats.  There was a block and tackle in the cave, and (I don't recall if I started it or someone else) it was swinging from one side of the cave in a large, circular arc.  Folks had to duck to avoid getting whacked by it.  

A discussion of sorts started, with someone commenting that there was lava beneath us, and this would be a bad place for a secret lair.  I chimed in, "I would totally build a nuclear reactor here!"

There's another break.

The group of people and location had changed, but I was still in a largish group inside a large room. It might have been Library Story Hour.  A speaker or teacher or instructor appeared, he wore bulbous, reflective sunglasses that gave him an insect-look.  He had a soundtrack... I guess hip-hop?  And he started leading a dance-exercise routine.  I got close enough to him to notice that he wore reflective plastic around his eyes (sort of like a mask, only there were two pieces of plastic), which extended the reflective area around his eyes. 

No comments: