Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Gym and Slanting Sunlight

Went to the gym Monday.   Ran on the elliptical for about 20 minutes, followed by a sideways elliptical machine for another 5 for about 275 calories burned.  15x(60+2x70lbs) on the lat pulldown, 3x15 Roman Chair curl-ups, 3x12x10lbs combination of 45degree inclined 10lb dumbbell presses, interspersed with 8x10lbs dumbbell curls.  12x(20+30+30lb) triceps pull-downs.  5lbs dumbbell side-and-front arm raises... um, I think I did about 10.  Not too sore today...

I got a two-day rejection yesterday.  I was surprised at the speed of the response, and surprised and pleased that there was a quick note saying why the story was rejected.   Even a line of text with a specific reason is a heck of a lot better than the usual "Guess Which of Twenty Reasons Why Your Story May Suck" form rejections I've been getting lately.   Oh well... I'll see if I can get it sold some place else.

Mark and I went for a walk Sunday to enjoy the slanting sunlight of the late afternoon.  The sun shone sideways and turned the west sides of trees ruddy.  I thought maybe I could take some photos of birds, but the shadows were wrong, or the robins and jays mostly hid behind twigs that the autofocus zeroed on.  It was a nice walk anyway.

No comments: