Sunday, January 13, 2019

Weekends and Cafes

Saturday was a warm and sunny day, and a little warm (50's) for January.  Mark and I went for a 20 minute walk in the sunlight toward a coffeehouse (where I had a birthday gathering a few weeks ago).

By the time we got there, I had unzipped my vest and jacket, and taken off my fingerless gloves.   I stayed and wrote for about two hours.  The place is nice, but always filled to capacity when the university students are in.  When I left I had the wistful notion of wanting to write at home at a table with tea and savories on hand.  So, on the walk back home, I stopped at the local store and got materials for quiche.

Saturday night (between the NPR radio show Wait-Wait and the Netflix showing of Solo) I put together the quiche.

Sunday had a slow morning with tea, quiche, researching Circe's animal transformations, and the Sunday Baroque radio show.  And researching the decayed matter that forms the spent crystalline carbon and oxygen cores of white dwarf stars.   Sunday morning was much more cold and grey than Saturday--church goers are scraping ice off of their cars, and the sun is a faint pearl in the sky.

By 11:30 the fog was burning off, and the sky was tempting me to write outside--where it's probably still a little cold.

No comments: