Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Latest Paper Triangle Craft Project

 Last December, I was using paper triangles to make Christmas Tree Ornaments that were roughly icosahedron shaped.  During the process, I wondered if I could make a stellated truncated icosidodecahedron (or something).


 And it seemed like something my dad would like for his birthday, so...  I fired up the cutter-plotter.
 And cut apart the triangles that were stuck to each other.
 And assembled star shapes.
 Once I had enough star shapes, the idea was to piece together six different colored star assemblies--but the cutter-plotter ate one of my pieces of paper, so I only had five colors.
 Mostly, I was pleased with the outcome.  I think in the future I might have made the triangles a little smaller and used slightly thicker card stock to give the whole thing more rigidity.
 A smaller construction of two star assemblies joined at their points could make a charming little Christmas Ornament for a tree.  Mark says I've run the course with triangles, and started to make Chromolume jokes from "Sunday Morning in the Park with George."
The finished products.  They remind me of hydrangeas,  Mark thought the green and purple one on the left looked like something an evil sorcerer would use, and I had to agree that it had a Maleficent vibe to it.   So I gave the blue one to my dad, who really liked it.

No comments: