Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Halloween Gym Report

Gym report:  I've been getting back into a gym routine, which is nice.  I did the usual elliptical thing for about 20 minutes, followed by a sideways elliptical thing on a different machine (I've decided it feels a little like RollerBlading).  The machines report 250 calories burned.   Downstairs a typical routine is 12x(50+60+70lbs) on the lat pulldown, 3x12 Roman Chair curl-ups, 3x12x10lbs combination of 45degree inclined 10lb dumbbell presses and dumbell flies, interspersed with 8x10lbs dumbbell curls.  If I have enough time and my joints feel okay, I'll add 5lbs dumbbell side-and-front arm raises (usually about eight each).  End with 12x(20+30+30lb) triceps pull-downs.   I've been keeping the weights on the low end, and so far my left elbow has remained happy. 

Went the Monday before Halloween, skipped Halloween, the Friday after Halloween, and a catch-up session Saturday.  Went yesterday.  Even with all the candy of the last week, I think I've managed to stay pretty close to my current set point (although it would be nice to get down about four more pounds). 


No comments: