Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The John Runes

Working Out:  Went to the gym Wednesday.  200 cal at 20 minutes on the elliptical.  Around 100 calories and 10 minutes on the rowing machine.  8 reps at 18, 16, and 14 on the assisted dip/chin station.  12 reps at 30, 40, and 50 lbs + 6 reps at 60lbs on the pec fly (sore pecs Thursday).  12 reps at 60, 70, and 80 on the lat pulldown + 6 reps at 90.  2 X 13 curl-ups on the suspended curl-up station.

Dreams:  I dreamed a bunch of us visited a family in England.  The family lived in a tower or castle, but they struck me as American middle-class.  I think it was a cultural exchange because I have a sense they were sharing stories with us, but all I can recall (from Tuesday) is at one point we were making a circle of fir cones around the father for some magical or mystical reason.   

I dreamed Wednesday and Thursday night, but I don't recall the content other than I think they were discussion dreams and that one this Friday morning was very Technicolor with an electronica-pop music score Jean Micheal Jarre could have written.


Writing:  Writing has been hard.  I've fallen back to just writing to keep the word count at about 500 to 1000 depending.  OK, sometimes 250.   I guess I'm in a fallow period or something where it's hard to engage with what I'm doing.   As I was writing yesterday, I realized I wasn't feeling any of the characters' excitement or excitement about the subject.  I switched to drawing, and that helped me some, but then the crazy John-runes appeared, which arc cool, but may be a sign of frustration (they used to freak out one of my co-workers, who opined that I drew them when I was stressed).

No comments: