Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Writing and Beltane

Grey haired, grey bearded man with fallen cherry petals on him.
I've just finished a short story manuscript and I'm taking a quick break.  I will give the manuscript a rest and see if I like the ending more in a day or two.  The story is in fourteen sections and is about 5500 words.  If I can knock off 1000 or 2000 words, that would get it closer to the sweet spot of 4000 words for short stories.  

Tomorrow is May First, which makes it calendrical Beltane.  Since it's a Wednesday, I think we'll wait a few days to when the sun is half-way between the equinox and the solstice to celebrate.  Besides, it will probably be raining.  Even if Mark won't countenance a bonfire, we can light a bunch of candles in our fire place.

Onto the back-log of unfinished and stalled manuscripts!

No comments: