Thursday, January 13, 2022

Dream: Cheesy Villains' Society

Dreams Jan-13-2022


We join the dream in progress.


I was mostly me, but I was also an investigative reporter.  I was transitioning from one dream segment--something about a jungle or canyon--and walking along a hillside road.


There was a tallish man behind me, wearing a black silk hat and a black demicape of some heavy material.  I want to say that he started out with a Snidely Whiplash moustache, but later on in the dream I think he was clean-shaven.


"Say," I said, "Are you a member of The Cheesy Villains' Society?"


It turned out he was.  


There's a break in my recall.


I interviewed him.  At some point, The Cheesy Villain darted me with a tranquilizer, and I woke up in his lair.  This didn't seem to bother anyone, and the interview continued.


The dream recall is very uneven; somehow TCV disappeared, his lair was in the middle of a local branch of the CIA or FBI or some police organization, and there was a secret passage built into the very heavy and large armchair in the room (the seat and the lower half of the back hinged forward).  




In another dream segment, I woke up in our house, but it was an odd dream amalgam of our current house, our old rental, and some other houses I've lived in.  Our backyard was mostly lawn, and it was surrounded by a five or six foot high wood plank fence.  It was an early spring day, the sun was just up, and it was something like five in the morning.  I was practicing pulling a bow back, I might have even shot an arrow.  What struck me was that I would hold the bow in my left hand, pull the string back with my right hand, and site the string against the bow with my right eye.  The bow and the string lining up was significant.


I didn't want to wake Mark and The Child, so I went next door into a building that was simultaneously the old Corvallis High School building an University of Oregon building.  There was nobody in it.  I might have been in my bathrobe.  I remember walking by the old English Resource Center (a library in CHS filled with multiple copies of scripts and standard English literature volumes--this is where I read "Lord of the Flies," "Dante's Inferno," and "Happy Birthday, Wanda June" for fun in high school).  


I heard voices, and three women walked by on the way to or from an early-morning meeting.  They were somehow connected to the university, but the only one I can recall is my old boss, M.R.  We had a short discussion. Then the three ladies departed for another building.  




Later dreams were fairly obvious sexual wish fulfillment dreams.  With my husband (well, at first...).  


No comments: