Monday, May 25, 2020

Teasing Moon

Mark and I went for a quick walk with Aoife to the top of the hill.  Sunday morning, I actually thought Sunday night would be a clearer night than Saturday, and that I 'd manage to see the Moon next to Mercury, above a brilliant Venus.

No fear there.  Haze rolled in.  Again.  We couldn't see the Moon or anything.

Later on, there was a brief break in the clouds, and I managed a few pictures of the Moon.  The photos I got look like they'd make pensive covers for Enya albums.

I kept hoping I'd see something else, but the only thing that showed up were mosquitos.

I know you have to be in it to win it, but our part of Oregon seems to have a streak of sudden cloud cover timed to obscure various planetary conjunctions.  I guess there will be better astronomy when the spring wet season is over.

And yes, I'm thankful for the moisture we do get (even if the grey is wearing) because it alleviates the forest fire season.

1 comment:

Ceciliapavon said...

Thank you foor sharing this