Monday, April 06, 2020

Venus Leaving The Pleiades

Last Sunday night, Mark took the dog outside for her final play session and called back into the house, "I see Venus!"

I had given up any hope of seeing Venus anywhere near the Pleiades, especially as it had been raining a few hours before.  But I scurried around the house, assembled the camera and tripod, and managed to get some passible photos of Venus, uh, leaving the Pleiades star cluster.  The northwestern sky was relatively clear; a river of clouds hugged the southern sky, and the eastern sky was palled over with overcast and torn veils.   It would have been nice to have Venus in the cluster, but hey--two days after is what I was able to get.

I took several shots, then spun the camera around for some arty shots of the moon in the clouds.

No comments: