Thursday, May 21, 2020

Grey Cocooning

The sun is out for the moment, and I'm taking the opportunity to work outside while I can.

The last few days have been wearing--it's been very, very grey.  I don't mind the rain so much, but the grey, sunless skies add to the smothering sense of endless, identical quarantine days piled on top of each other.  Being unable to switch from working remotely on The Day Jobbe to a different hardware setup has made it difficult to write, and I find that my bedroom office furniture makes me sore after a few hours.  I never realized how comfortable and supportive my campus office chair was.

Also, when it's wet out, I can't sit outside with the laptop and write at Café John (as I am now).   I'm  less likely to physically leave the house, which, I've discovered, is problematic.  It was bad enough the other day that I was seriously contemplating which was worse:  staring into the void and having it stare back, or staring into the void and not caring if it stared back.

Mercury and Venus are within about a degree apart from each other in the sky.  I'm hoping to get a photograph of the event, but it's looking like the clouds are going to interfere.  The outlook is better for a few days later, when the new crescent Moon shows up in the evening sky next too them.  In lieu of astronomy photos, here's some flowers from various local yards.





No comments: