Thursday, July 11, 2019

Writing

Tuesday.  All my astrologer friends have been writing about Mercury going retrograde, so I had a good excuse handy when Mark informed me that the printer had fallen off of the network and that our machines couldn't see it.  After some wrangling, I restarted the router (which was only seeing wired devices), which made it see the wireless devices.  Then I told Windows that yes, we really did have a printer.  While I'm at it, I think I'll blame Patch Tuesday.

Then I went off to write.  First I was hanging out in a lovely little cafe, which, unfortunately, closes early at 7.   I really do love the hardwood floors, the little tables, and the tea.  The music isn't too bad, and this time of year the extra chatter from undergraduates is absent.   After 7, I relocated to the local gay bar -- the back lounge was empty except for one other studious-looking guy sipping a cocktail and interacting with his mobile phone.

I polished various pieces.  One is a fluffy farce; one has got an interesting idea, and in typical John-fashion, my characters' emotional calculous is off; the final one is bogging down in family and high-school drama (which wasn't what I expected).


No comments: