Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Moon and Orion (Again)

 We got home just as the last of the blue left the evening sky.  The moon was between Orion and Taurus.  I managed to get a wide shot with Sirius in the lower left-hand corner and the Moon on the other side of Orion on the upper-right.
 I played around with various settings.  I hadn't realized how much haze the camera was picking up, and I wish we'd gotten home a little earlier because the bluer sky would have compensated.  The best shots seemed to be with the Moon Setting.  When I tried manual settings, the shutter speed was too fast.
I tried to get a shot of the Moon and the constellation of Taurus, but the pictures didn't come out with the V of the bull showing up so well.  I think the camera's auto-focus works best when the moon is half full.

No comments: