Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Rituals and Emergency Preparedness

These snowdrops were blooming around the corner, so I used the macro setting on the camera to take this photograph of them.

The Equinox and Full Moon are in about 36 hours (Wednesday).  I thought that it might be nice to have a picnic dinner out on our lawn or deck, but the forecast is for mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. 

Which is good; I'm sure we need the rain.  But I'm not quite in the space where I want to do something semi-celebratory in the overcast and cold. 

On a more practical side, I was thinking that one action I might incorporate into the eight solar stations would be to renew emergency water and food supplies and consume supplies before they go bad.  (Yes, there was an earthquake awareness training at work today....)  Since you're only supposed to keep water for six months, a water container secured around Halloween would be used around May Day.  I can see how ritual water would be used... I have to think more about ritually eating emergency snacks. 

No comments: