Thursday, March 07, 2019

Lingering Snow

I haven't been writing or exercising much because my back is still out of whack from snow shoveling last week.  It's probably a pulled muscle, and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll recover completely in another week or so. 

In family news, we went to a freshman orientation at the local high school.  It has about the same population as my old high school, so it didn't feel to weird to me, at least.  The child seems mildly excited about it, and we saw a number of kids he knows, so it won't be like he's going to school in a foreign country or anything.

Weather wise it's been cold, which means that the snow that fell last week is still lingering on the north sides of buildings and in mounds in parking lots.  There was about two hours' worth of snow yesterday, but it really didn't stick to anything.  There was a snow rainbow during this, which we decided should be called a snowbow (not to be confused with an obscure wind instrument).  This is good for the snowpack, and has improved the drought outlook for the coming summer.


No comments: