Monday, October 15, 2018

Dancing Music

Last spring we go a new patio table. It's larger, which means we can have more folks eating outside with us, but it's rectangular, which means in the late afternoon when the evening sun swings west, one has to move to the far end of the table or get an extra dose of sunlight.



The other day I was curating a playlist and Mark commented that the transition from one song to the other was jarring.  I was a little confused because I usually compile songs together because I like them (they might have clever/snarky lyrics) and I think they'll be fun to dance to, too.  Okay, I also will add a song because I think it's funny.  In this case, I went from a song with a strong Rock-n-Roll feel to one with sterile Techno feel.

As we worked through the list, with me trying to figure out what Mark was getting at and trying to craft better transitions, it came out that 1) We Don't Know What Dance John is Dancing (for the record, it's usually a modified Cha-cha) but he's Really Into It, and 2) OMG, you would totally get into a Zumba Class--you should take a Zumba Class at the gym--because you really aren't getting enough cardio with your current routine; you could go and hang out with all your Zumba Woman Friends who would totally be into you taking a Zumba Class like the Belly Dancers were all your best friends when you were belly dancing.  And you could pal up with the instructor to make a play list and maybe even become a part-time Zumba Instructor yourself.  

No comments: