Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Writing Report

Writing report... Thursday I think (obviously I need to keep better records) I wrote about 500 new words.  Friday was what I'm going to call a "research night" -- some editing and looking up Jacobean architecture and Roman-style tenements.  Saturday was my Sister's Birthday (which was a lot of fun), so another research day.  Sunday, Mark and The Child left the house and I managed about 1500 new words. 

I looked at my total word count for the project, and I'm at 21,000 of Very Rough words.  Ideally, I'll be at 30,000 at March 1--the Full Moon--which is in two days.   On one hand, a lot of that is notes to myself, or practice scenes, or warm-up paragraphs that can be cut.  On the other hand, there's lots of space for expanding. 

I feel like I keep writing back-story, which will turn this into a YA novel if I'm not careful. 

No comments: